This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by Cherokee Makerspace.
Information We Collect
When you sign up as a member, we collect the following personal information as part of our application process:
- full name
- home address
- phone number
- e-mail address
- credit card number (via Fabman / Stripe)
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
- We only have access to/collect the information you voluntarily give us via email or direct contact. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
- We will not share your information with any third party outside our organization except for the services we use to keep the makerspace running.
- Your personal information is also used to create an account in the following portals:
- Slack - member communications system.
- Givebutter - donation and fundraising management system.
- Fabman - makerspace management system.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
- You can see the data we have about you by logging in to our website and going to the profile page.
- You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time by canceling your membership.
- Unless requested in writing, We do not automatically delete your information so that your membership history is preserved if you wish to join again.
- We take precautions to protect your information. We use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online.
- Credit card information is stored only in Fabman, and that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the Web page.
- Only volunteers who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information.