Prusa i3 Mk2.5s
Table of Contents
OctoPrint / Spaghetti Detective
This printer is connected to a print server that is capable of watching your prints and pausing the print job if it detects a problem. Our Prusa configuration bundle allows you to send print jobs wirelessly to the machine while you are inside the Makerspace.
- Arc Welder: Converts line segments to curves, which reduces the number of gcodes per second, hopefully eliminating stuttering.
- Octolapse: Create stabilized timelapses of your prints. Now you can create a silky smooth timelapse without a custom camera mount, and no GCode customizations are required.
- PrusaSlicer Thumbnails: Extracts thumbnails from uploaded gcode files.
- Spaghetti Detective: AI Software as a Service detects failed prints using the webcam. It runs in the background and can run concurrently with Octolapse.
Using the Printer
- Clean steel sheet with IPA and carefully install it over the magnetic bed.
- Change to the correct sheet on the printer control panel.
- Cut a bevel at the end of the filament, straighten about 2″ of the end, and insert it into the hole on the print head.
- Select Load Filament on the control panel and wait until the extruder grabs the filament.
- Prepare your model in Prusa Slicer. Make sure you select the correct filament type. Slice your model and send it to Octoprint.
- From Octoprint, select your file, click on Print.
- Some filament may ooze from the nozzle as the extruder heats up. Remove with tweezers as they can cause print failures.
- Do not leave the printer unattended during the first 2 to 3 layers.
Removable Steel Sheets
Prusa steel sheets are double-sided. Clean with 90% Isopropyl Alcohol. Acetone will damage the surface. The Z-offsets below are the last known settings for a successful first layer.
- 05/12/2021 – Greased Z-Axis Bearings
- 05/11/2021 – Replaced and Greased X-Axis Linear LM8UU Bearings
- 05/04/2021 – Replaced Y Linear Bearings with Drylin LM8UU Equivalents
- 03/11/2021 – Set up OctoPrint
- 03/09/2021 – Firmware updated to 3.9.3